Cycle To Work Consumer Hire Agreement

The Cycle Rail programme has already tripled the number of bicycle parking spaces in more than 500 stations, or more than 80,000. If you buy or rent equipment, VAT will be charged on the fees (but not for bike helmets that are void). If it is a third party, it is likely a consumer lease regulated under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (CCA). The owner of the consumer lease may need permission from the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). A separate lease agreement (which may or may not be regulated by the ACF) is required. This is usually done between the worker and the employer who purchased the equipment or rented it to a third party. The worker pays for the hiring through the wage sacrifice agreement with the employer.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.